View Single Post
Old 01-06-2006, 06:17 AM
Administrator

Default is it just me or have you noticed....

Posted By: Larry

As far as Van Goghs, there are hundreds of different ones, all unique, there are maybe 4-5 E105 Wagners, 2 PSA low grade, one or two SGC different grades and 1 GAI, 5 total...all unique in themselves..near mint, E103 Cobb near mint, N142 Duke Delehanty etc.. would you consider that rare or work of art?, I will not be debating rarity, it is supply vs demand...period. I personally rather have the van gogh also...but someone else may feel the E105 or E103 Cobb or N142 Delahanty
is their personal art treasure and you do not see those cards often anywhere, they are unique in each grade.

We offer great cards, good cards and mediocre cards, and also collect....the great ones have been offered on e bay many times by many great vendors, if everyone thought like you, many vendors, not just myself would say forget e bay, we will get more money in catalogs and if you wanted card, you pay twice, seller and consignment house, that was the point. And without Vendors, collectors would virtually have no supply...and without good collectors, vendors would have no income in this field.

This is final post, you can do whatever you want, your strategy works for you but my strategy works well, good service and quality material always gets loyal customers....we have mailing list of 11,000 collectors, over 4000 different in the vintage category, perfect feedback...we will be fine. If we see the trend is that everyone holds their bid back,that probably will not happen, we will pull listing if we feel it does not get action, or just list in BIN category... that is not what we want to do but for every action there is a reaction, if you do not want to bid, we will scratch you off list and wish you best of luck.

If e bay offers extented bidding option , it would be great for bidders as well as sellers this way a legit bidder will not get swiped without a chance.