View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 06:35 PM
Mike M.

I don't have any pictures handy, but I'm putting this set together and it's really grown on me. I like how the sp's add an extra layer of difficulty in putting the run together. I didn't really have trouble picking up the sp's in psa 4-6 range, I did have to pay up for them though, but overall I didn't think it was too bad. From my short time watching for them I was surprised at how many lansford's showed up, and thought that conerly, stydahar, and Ronzani were more elusive. I guess Lansford could just get listed more often because of its reputation. I like how this set has a great mix of rc's and veterans, I find it amazing that most sports fans know baseballs HOF'ers of the era like Ted Williams, Willie Mays and Mantle, but when I ask my friends if they know who Otto Graham or Sammy Baugh are I just get blank a blank stare. They for sure don't know Hugh Mcelhenny or Steve Van Buren. I guess that's one of the reasons I enjoy this set, 1935 chicle and 1894 Mayo, these are the sets that have helped me learn about the pioneers of the game and I find their history to be amazing.