View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Jimmy, back in the '80s a fire started on the balcony of the apartment next to my next-door neighbor's place (huge Beatles collector). He ran over and told me to get out and we both met in the hallway. The funny thing was, we each had a box full of our Beatle's stuff and virtually nothing else.

Taught us what was important
That's a great story, Scott! Glad you guys had your priorities in order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayworld View Post
Besides baseball cards, I collect Battlestar Galactica cards (original series only), comics, books, etc. Also have a large collection of entertainment autographs (8x10 b&w preferred), mostly stars from the 1940s-70s, including a large collection of Andy Griffith Show, Battlestar Galactica (original series), and Planet of the Apes signatures.

I collect Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators books (just finished up the collection last year, now upgrading), early edition (white spine dust jacket) Nancy Drew books, Mego figures, and 1960s-70 GI Joes.

On the Sports side, I collect 1975-84 San Diego Padres game-used jerseys and bats, cards, ticket stubs, team-issued postcards, large-sized San Diego Tribune team photos,yearbooks, press guides, programs, etc. I also have a growing library of the NFL Punt, Pass, and Kick Random House hard cover books.
And Jay... that's incredible! How in the hell do you keep track of it all? My head is still spinning.

True story that happened last night. I was reorganizing my Beatles stuff, and getting most everything protected and into those huge heavy duty blue double zip lock bags. And I come across a double cardboard secured 8x10 top loader. I hadn't labeled the outside so I had to open it too see what it was.

What I opened it, I found a 1969 TYPE 1 photo of The Beatles rooftop (Apple building) concert! Which was of course, their last live performance, ever! Now I vaguely remember buying this, and really have no idea who I bought it from. I also can't find a saved scan from when I bought it. I'm pretty sure it was in the last couple years.

The image is a cool candid shot by someone from above. They were already on the roof, so he must have had wings or a ladder.

I'll post it once I take a photo.

So Jay... when I say that it's incredible how you can juggle all that what you collect... I really mean it!

Last edited by thekingofclout; 09-06-2012 at 04:54 AM.