View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Doug C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbob View Post
There's nothing like a little knowledge. That is one of the best reasons to read this board and acquire the shared knowledge of posters about fakes so you can discern one when you see it. The Matty is obviously a fake. There was a recent entry on ebay, an expensive pre-war card going for a lot of money which didn't look right to me. I emailed the seller and asked him for a guarantee that if I purchased it and sent it to SGC or PSA and it came back counterfeit that he would refund my money and he refused. I didn't bid on it and hours before some sucker got hooked for a bundle, it disappeared from ebay. Happens more than you think. Always ask for that guarantee is my advice.
Asking a seller for a guarantee isn't a bad idea, but a scammer is a scammer IMO. If they are knowingly trying to sell a fake card I'm betting they will either refund your money and relist it trying to rip someone else off that won't get it graded or they will renege on the agreement and try to say you altered it in some manner before you submitted it for grading. If they have a will to rip somebody off they will find a way.