View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Default The best thread ever- T206

Posted By: leon

Sean- You may not post in the thread that has over 260 posts in it, about T206's. I have deleted your post and 2 others asking for that thread not to be ruined. Please don't post in that thread again. thanks.....

one other thing.....Sean, this is NOT a chatroom...it is a chatboard with good information on it....You need to go somewhere else to chat.....

Here is what Jay Behrens said, in that T206 thread, you should heed his advice:

A billion dallars here, a billion dollars there and pretty soon you are talking about real money.

Sean, you really need get over your fixation with card values. Get into this hobby because you love the game and its history. If the money is all you care about, then you will end up being very disappointed somewhere along the time. If you do it for the love of the game, then what your cards are worth is only secondary.

I'd strongly recommend that you go out and read books like When It Was a Game, any biographies of old ballplayers, Deadball Stars of the National League and rent Ken Burn' epic documentry Baseball.

I was 16 when I found my first price guide and book about baseball cards in a book store (way back in 1980). The dollar amounts are not what fascinated me about the old cards. It was the history of the cards. When I was a kid collecting cards, my favorite cards were always the All-Time Leader subset where you got to see a picture of the greats like Walter Johnson, Babe Ruth, etc and see their career stats. These cards were always far more fascinating to me than cards of the current players.

Heed the advice that others have given you, slow down, use the search function on this board and do A LOT OF READING!!!

Jay

Growing old is not optional, growing up is.