View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Banned

Hi Mac,

These types of school tickets from the Indians are found for many years in the 1930s. They're pretty common. To be honest, I'm not too familiar with the current market value, because I stopped tracking them 6-8 years ago after I had a bunch in my collection. At that time, you could pick them up on eBay for $15-$20 each.

That being said, yours stands out to me because of the area on the left side where the name and school could be recorded. I'm not sure that I've seen one with that area on the ticket (then again, I haven't look at mine for a long time). That's not to say the examples I've seen had that part cut off. I don't think that's the case, because I hope I would have noticed that kind of trimming across such a large area. Maybe some years that area was on the ticket and in others it wasn't. I do know that the main design of the ticket from year to year pretty much was unchanged. I'm not sure having that on your ticket adds much of a premium, but it is neat.

Like Jeff, I'm surprised the ticket was graded a 9 because of the writing. I don't pay much attention to grading then it comes to tickets, but that high of a grade with any type of writing on it makes me scratch my head.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Rob D.; 07-16-2010 at 06:39 PM.