View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 08:40 AM
Arnie

Amazes me how many people love and root for underdogs. I guess growing up in New York in the 50's as a Yankees fan I am the opposite, I love to root for the dynasties in sports. I am really impressed by teams who continue to be great for long periods of time. Even when they beat my team, such as how the Bulls prevented the Knicks many years from winning it all. I love the Knicks, but always liked and respected the incredible Bulls. Only the Pats I dont like, I guess as a Yankee fan I am programmed to dislike teams from the Boston area!! And how great it was to see the New York Giants beat them a couple of times in the Superbowl!!!!!!

I love all New York City teams, I dont hate some like most NY fans who say love the Mets and hate the Yankees, love the Giants and hate the Jets, etc. To me, they are all home teams to me, so I root for all of them to do well. Of course i have my favorites, i like the Yankees/Giants/Knicks/Rangers best, and of all NY teams in all sports, i live and die for the Yankees. My dad instilled that in my head when i was a young kid. He told me he would sit me in front of the little black and white tv and tell me those are the Yankees, you like the Yankees, and so on. He brainwashed me!!! But i am glad he did!!!!

Last edited by dabigyankeeman; 12-12-2018 at 08:42 AM.