View Single Post
Old 04-18-2007, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Default Same old question, but it is killing me!

Posted By: Bryan Long

I am happy to hear that I am not the only one. I had this conversation just last night with a good friend of mine who got out of the pre-war marketing and starting collecting 50s, 60s and 70s sets again.

I have even thought about leaving the pre-war market altogether, but the thought of not having or getting any pre-war cards just kill me as that is my true love in the hobby. But I don't think it is possible for me to collect pre-war and have any fun at it. Just look at the two big auctions going on right now. I have almost been priced out of every lot on the board that I would have any interest in at all.

I must admit that the only cards that I will most likely be buying now will be the rare opportunity when I can pick up an e93 beater that I will need for my set. Once that is done I don't see me starting another pre-war set anytime soon.

I guess I'll be finishing that 48 bowman set afterall, and then starting another post-war collection. I am sad by this. As I said above . . . pre-war cardboard is my real love in the hobby.

EDITED TO COMMENT ON DANIEL'S POST: Thanks for the options, but I have very starnge collecting habits - just ask those who know me. I have never been a fan of "large card" (Exhibits) and I hate the strip cards simply because they are mostly cut by hand or simply have horrible artwork. I love the small tobacco/caramel cards for some reason. But, I also like the larger Topps and Bowman type cards as well - just a little too new for me. I do think that maybe the 40s and early 50s are the way to go for me now. At least for the time being.