View Single Post
Old 07-30-2017, 11:32 AM
Paul Peters

Default Opinions about COA's at shows.

OK, this is my first post on Net54. I would like to know everyones opinion, especially after the National and HOF Induction weekend, about COA's after you pay for an autograph after a show. A few months ago, I paid for Darryl Strawberry for a project piece I'm working on at Dave & Adam's in Buffalo. When I was through, I received a FREE COA with a hologram for my item and a card with a matching hologram. Yesterday I was in Cooperstown and paid for Ryne Sandberg, Rickey Henderson, Ozzie Smith and Dale Murphy for the same piece. No COA's given by MAB or 7th Inning Stretch......BUT, I could pay JSA $10 for a letter at the MAB show. My opinion, and I am hoping others as well, is that for the amount of money we spend on autographs, I feel the promoter should provide us with a COA for free. I understand that it is a total racket with MAB and JSA because I literally watched dozens and dozens of collectors standing in line for COA's after they got items signed. It's just my personal opinion that the COA should be part of the process at no cost to the collector and hats off to Dave & Adams for doing it for free. Thanks.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk