View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 12:17 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramram View Post
I had an interesting occurrence with ebay/Paypal recently. I had a buyer, who happened to have no feedback at all, purchase a $27 item from me a month ago. I shipped and then noted the tracking number on ebay's site. The package was reported delivered at their front door three days later. Never heard a word from the buyer. Three weeks later I get a notice from ebay stating that they want their money back and indicating that they never received the item. I responded immediately through ebay with the tracking number (again) and I noted that it was reported delivered three weeks ago and I had not heard from the buyer until now. ebay then says they will await response from the buyer. Today I get an email from ebay indicating that they will be refunding the purchase price and shipping to the buyer. I was about to come unglued when I read further. ebay is absorbing the cost and I will still have my funds released to me through Paypal. I find that interesting that ebay would cover the cost of the item themselves. Especially when the buyer had zero feedback and, to me, seemed to be scamming the system. I also wonder what ebay would do if it had been a $2,700 item.

Rob M
Hard to say. Either they scammed, or quite possibly someone else stole the package off their doorstep. I believe you should be covered though, either way.