View Single Post
Old 07-09-2019, 08:07 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by commishbob View Post
I had the sports add-on for my Sirius radio just to listen to Vin Scully...and I don't care for the Dodgers a bit ;-). His last season or so he had cut way back, just a few innings on radio, and I sure missed him.

I've still got the sports package. I try not to sound like an old guy yelling at clouds but very few of the radio guys I hear are very memorable. The Astros' crew seems to be very popular but I can't tell one guy from the other.
Is this significant? Did Scully’s entertainment value promote more interest in the game than the current crop of “borons”? I think so.

Even as a kid I think my interest in baseball was enhanced by the Game of the Week announcing pair of Pee Wee Reese and Dizzy Dean.

Is there really more interest in launch angles and exit velocities from the “borons” than there is in Dizzy’s rendition of “The Wabash Cannonball” or Scully’s anecdotes about da Bums of the 50s from Brooklyn?

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 07-09-2019 at 08:08 AM.