View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 10:13 AM
Tim B
Banned

While I truly was hoping to wait until I had card in hand and post the photo with the news, I have to share the outcome now:

When I logged on to the SGC website yesterday, I was doing so because I hadn't since I got one of those super emails. If you are like me, then you'll agree with me; one of my favorite things is when they notify you that your card arrived safely. Major sigh of relief and then...well...you know what you are in for and Tom Petty was totally correct: the waiting IS the hardest part. Since I had put it in for 3 day service and it's an oversized card, I anticipated it taking a little bit longer - as indicated on the website. The 5x7 card size (and therefore, insert and holder size) isn't super common so I completely understand. It hadn't even been three full days yet anyway. However, I clicked on the invoice and there it was: a shipped date and a grade of 40 (3). This is a moment of pure joy for me; most of my Mickey cards are 3-5's and I try not to dip below a 3 (I have one still that I will upgrade eventually). So like I said originally, this was going to be all mentioned when I have card in hand (sounds like Monday) but when I logged back in today, the population report had already been updated! I wanted to credit SGC for their terrific turnaround time and updating of the population report. They now have 12 graded, and seeing that 1 under the 40 column and knowing it will soon be in my hands is a feeling unlike any I've had as a collector and one that, frankly, I may never have again.

As such, I wanted to share my excitement with all of you and add a note of gratitude as well. I won't go into great detail but there is literally no chance I even find this card for sale were it not for having joined this wonderful community. I don't know if there really is a ball field out in Iowa where the legends still play baseball but when they disappear into the corn after the game, I bet they log on to Net54...

You bet your bottom dollar a picture will be posted.

Thanks to all and please keep posting any more photos of your own, information you may have or anything else related!

Tim

Last edited by Timbegs; 04-20-2017 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Typo