View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 01:17 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
True. I'll leave it at that.

And, FWIW, by no means am I Pats fan.
I now you aren't, and I would not have responded to your posts the way I did if I thought it would cause you and me to get pissed at one another. It really is just football - fans have to keep things in perspective.

I am still a Dallas Cowboys fan first, but Seahawks a strong second. So this has been an up-and-down playoffs for me. The Cowboy loss was depressing, but the play last night was horrifying. Not kidding. It would have been a lot easier to see the Patriots do to us what we did to the Broncos last year.

But I did have a great moment of perspective - I visited a kid in King County jail right before the game and he showed noticeable mental improvement. I got on the bus and made it back to Tacoma just in time for kick-off. It was tough leaving Seattle, as downtown was crazy - cops on horses, streets fenced off, etc. If the beer lines had been shorter, maybe I would have stayed. I thought about that kid last night after the game and realized that this is only football. If I were part of the Seahawk team, it would be real life, but it really isn't.