View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 11:34 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
There is no comparison between a spontaneous free flowing authentic Mantle and a deliberate and stiffly drawn Marino fake.
And many more stiff fakes besides Mantle.
His fakes of the prime deceased HOFers were terrible.
I instigated in investigation by the NYC Dept of Consumer Affairs concerning bogus autographs on ebay.
At my direction an undercover buy was made on two different sellers of autographs of Christy Mathewson.
It was apparent to me that there were maybe thousands of bogus autographs of prime HOFers on ebay and it seemed to me that possibly one person was doing all of the forging.
The Dept of Consumer Affairs sent the two Mathewson autographs to the NYC Police Dept Lab.
A forensic (YES forensic) analysis agreed with my conclusions, that the autographs were bogus.
A report was then filed with ebay which resulted in about a dozen crooked ebay sellers being removed, based on the info I supplied.
Marino was prolific. Marino was not very skilled. Sure, he could do forgeries better than you or I could but he was not that good.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow