View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 07:12 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Default '65 Love Affair---Tall Boy Style!

They may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I am a HUGE fan of the 1965 Topps Football Tall Boy set. I love how the colors and size work together. I usually have to have the cool older logos for a card/set to be complete, but these cards rock even without that. Love that Whalen #22 with the silver helmet! The big city names/fonts at the tops of the cards really draws me in. The AFL is fascinating to me. It is one of my favorite topics/leagues to learn about: colorful, exciting, and high-flying!

For the next few nights I am going to share pics of my set one team at a time until I am finished. I will be the first to admit the pics are low quality. I did the best I could to take the pics with my phone and fighting the glare and other factors, but there are some good pics. I really, really wanted to have larger scale pics showing the full 21 or so cards for each team, but I just couldn't pull it off without them being too large or too blurry. As it is, they just look so great together! Football season is upon us, so let's celebrate with a great, colorful set starting with the Boston Patriots!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1965 Topps Boston 3.jpg (79.5 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg 1965 Topps Boston 2.jpg (65.0 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg 1965 Topps Boston 1.jpg (78.1 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by vintagebaseballcardguy; 08-08-2017 at 03:24 PM.