View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 10:21 PM

Default PSA Ted Williams Weirdness: 1st 1950 R423 Strip Graded! Salutations Rejected

So i checked around a bit on this before submitted as I was concerned that PSA wouldn't grade the whole 13 card strip from the 1950 R423 series. I sent this in and actually got the whole thing graded. I just asked for an authentic - but they actually told me they would do a number grade as well. Its apparently the only one thats been graded.

Im really just keeping for the Ted Williams card within but didn't want to tear it out. Incidentally, i also sent in a 1939-1947 Salutations Ted Williams Exhibit Card and that came back as n9 because they claimed it was too large to fit in a holder as did this 2 inch version of the PM10 Pin.

Ive seen both graded numerous times so im not really sure what to make of this. Of course by the time I was able to flag it - it was already shipped. Anyway, I thought the strip grading was really cool. Id love to hear any other weird PSA stories especially around my buddy Ted. Right now im lobbying them to grade my 1950 Luckee Sports Stars Key Chain. Its listed in numerous guides but they claim to not have enough information on it to include - ive sent them some clips where its listed in guides. Any other advice?