View Single Post
Old 02-06-2016, 08:25 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
I just wanted to share my last two buying experiences with Invest in Baseball, an advertiser here on the boards.

In March I purchased a card via Buy in Now. I received a message from the seller saying

"Ted, I can't sell you that card... My lister grossly mispriced it."

I really didn't think anything of it, as mistakes do happen. I cant remember exactly, but it sold at auction less than 20$ over the buy it now price.

This take me to last night where a see a few well priced low pop cards via Buy it Now, as well as some HIGHER priced low pop cards. I can tell someone had done some homework, and I figure the "lister" is no longer "mispricing" cards. I thought I would give them another shot.

I hit the BIN for four cards, and pay. About 20 minutes later, all four sales, canceled, and refunded, with a note from the seller asking me if

(I am) "Republicaninmass from Net54".

Now this tips me off that because he has seen my ebay ID buying his cards, he ran to check past sales, realized his error, and is now going to simply "fix" his pricing errors. Apparently these types of "pricing errors" happen all the time.

Seller states

"It (pricing errors) happens many times a day. I do nothing but program spreadsheets and type numbers all day and mistakes happen"

Moments later, I then get a somewhat convoluted message saying

"Thank you for catching my pricing errors"

I dont know if this was meant to be funny in some way, but it provoked me to post.

Let me mention that Invest in Baseball has never brought cards to market that I can't find elsewhere, from sellers willing to sell at their advertised price. I will not be "buying", or "catching pricing errors" since I've never had a sale go through, on any more deals from this seller.

I think it is appalling that since I am on a message board, where the seller advertises mind you, my purchasing habits are scrutinized, and subsequently penalized, more so than someone who is not familiar with all the intricacies of buying and selling cards.

I'm not a huge buyer or seller on ebay, and I'm sure my business won't be missed. However I can't help but out of curiosity, wonder how many people, especially those from N54, might have come across these "pricing errors".

"You weren't the only person that had an order cancelled"

Good luck with your future business, I refuse to be a part of it.

Ted Sherman
That is crazy that the same thing happened both times. Unfortunately he is selling another members T206 lot and this news could hurt that members sales.

He is on my do not buy from list also and has been for a while.