View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 05:24 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Very nice Pujols, red and black always look cool in framing. Yeah, sometimes a direction on the matting depends on what else you have or are going to have with it. I've got two Duke Snider magazines that I recently matted using a white outer mat and a red inner mat to bring out the red in the covers. I normally would have (and I think it would have looked better) used a white or grey outer mat and a blue inner mat for those, but I have so much Dodger stuff close together with those same colors that I wanted something different.
That brings me to another point for those that are just starting to mat and get there stuff displayed. Always, and I know it's hard, try to plan waaaaaaay ahead on how things will be displayed and with what. Sometimes you kinda paint yourself in to a corner with the type of matting or framing you're using. I had some frames I wanted to use for awhile but they just wouldn't go with what else was on the wall. I eventually found a way to move what was already there in to another room and that opened up a bunch of possibilities.