View Single Post
Old 08-22-2016, 10:41 PM
Jerry.Gal.le.ano

Default Spinks family photo and a funny story

This picture was taken in St. Louis before the Corey Spinks/Zab Judah fight by my photographer friend, Bob Barton. (Some very cool fight pictures can be seen here http://www.bobbartonphotography.com/BOX.html ) Leon came back to town for Corey's fight with Deandre Lattimore and they both signed the pic at that time. Don't know why Leon signed over Michael's head, but oh, well. Michael didn't make it back into town for the that match. So, still looking for him to sign.

I am a state boxing inspector and helped to conduct the weigh in. We had the official weigh in in private at the Chalet at Westport. Then everyone was shuttled to downtown St. Charles about ten miles away for the public weigh in staring Don King. A group of us were waiting in the lobby for the shuttle. Leon settled into a big easy chair wearing a similar hat to the one in Herb's OP pic, that reads, "Leon Spinks World Champion."

As we waited, I overheard two twenty-something guys talking, "I think that's Leon Spinks." "No way." said the second. "I'm pretty sure." "Well ask him."

He cautiously walked over and said, "Excuse me, sir. Are you Leon Spinks?"

Leon slowly looked up, pointed to his head and said, "Read the hat, bitch!"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spinks Family.jpg (72.8 KB, 35 views)