View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 07:44 PM
m!ke kn@z@v!c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post

Another short, sort of amusing story. I was in a hotel lobby watching 4 guys opening newer packs of cards...from the 70's to 90's. I am interested in all facets of the hobby so walked up and asked them several questions about what they were doing and why. They said they liked opening packs they opened as kids and were looking to pull 8's and better to help pay/offset their costs. It looked like they were having fun so what's not to like? One of the guys asked, "aren't you Leon?" from Net54. I said yes and then every one of the four said they know of me and read the board. Most of them read it daily. I think more people read the board than we even know.....
Thanks for the mention Leon, I was wondering if our meeting would make the board!!! I could tell that you are sincere about everyone enjoying the hobby in their own way. Plus how often can you get both bar servers to try a piece of 1970's Topps gum!

I'm from Cleveland, so I'm partial to having it in the rotation. Baltimore was great in every aspect, except the lighting inside the center seemed a bit rough to me. The location was perfect, with the hotel proximity, ballpark, and surrounding attractions.

Mike