View Single Post
Old 05-02-2018, 08:48 PM
Kin K.

I bought cards 1-3 and when prices went up, auctioned mine. Got over $100 total for the same three cards. That sale was legit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
I apologize to all who are offended by post for modern cards but I think part of reason we are all here is to look after each other and our hobby. In mid March Topps announced a new internet only set called Topps Living 3 cards each week with a mix of players and only one of each player unless they changed teams. The idea was no year the set would go on for many years. They were sold $15 for 3 cards each week. You could also buy bulk cards with the price reduced the more you bought. A small group of dealers bought hundreds of each card. Which is fine the same thing happened with Topps Now. But Topps now had much smaller print runs than living.
But about two weeks ago the prices started rising very quickly for some of the cards. I do not think many of the sales were legit. Example I bought some Altuve's on Saturday for $8. on Monday there is a sale for $199 for one card. From a dealer who sold 199 of them and has plenty more. Clearly not a real sale but it bumped the price up fast. Anyway up to you how you take this. But be careful.
Jonathan Sterling
T206/T213 Scoops Carey back run: 4/4 !00% complete

Focus: open wheel/Indy 500 cards (1911 ATC Auto Drivers (T36), 1954 Stark & Wetzel 500 Winners, 1960 Parkhurst Indy Speedway Winners & 1960s Marhoefer Indy 500), match books & post cards.

Successful purchases from dnanln, pre1960sets, jp1216 & sebie43; RAKs from CW & LuckyLarry