Thread: Winston and JSA
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2014, 03:27 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
i was under the impression big time college programs i.e. SEC schools already pay their football players <wink><wink>.

to the original point i see nothing wrong with what JSA is doing. people want them to turn down business? they exist to give opinions on autographs, nothing more. if anything it's on the stupid autograph dealer who needed to submit 1000 winston autos at the same time. they probably have proof shots of winston signing also, no way jsa would cert that many w/o any proof.
Really, you think the only problem is that the autograph dealer was stupid enough to get caught?!? And you think that it was okay for JSA to cert them, knowing that they were potentially helping a second college player get screwed? simply because they had proof that Winston signed, so that let them off the hook?

It's hard to give an example of anything comparable, because I don't think anything exists.

You have a college player who cannot legally sell his autograph, or sign for someone who will sell them for profit. But it happened, meaning the player will be in deep shit if he gets caught. Then those items are sent by a dealer to a TPA, both of who are dead certain that the college player has done something illegal. But neither are responsible in any way. And please don't tell me that JSA didn't know - think 'Gurley'.