View Single Post
Old 07-21-2012, 09:21 AM
R@nda!! H@hn

As you can tell from my ID I collect McGwire. I started back in about 1990 (late start) but when he was injured in 1993-94 I actually bought about 100 of his RC for $5 each at the Ft. Washington (nee Willow Grove) Show. I held them until 1998 and pulled out only the cream of the crop to be slabbed. I got all 8's and 9's. I wholesaled them to a dealer for $100 an 8 and $200 a 9. I did real good.

I still collect his stuff, mostly autographs and game used. Have maybe a few hundred cards. But not real active on those. His Tiffany RC still carries weight as does the 1993 Finest Refractors. I actually only came on here looking for info about the 1990 Donruss Aqueous cards. I was scanning Ebay for Mcgwire stuff that was ending and saw a 1990 Aqueous card. I did some research and saw they were rare and threw in a bid. I was blown out of the water as it sold for $825 which seemed like a lot for a guy who is personna non gratta! I did not see any forums talking about the plethora of the Aqueous cards that got listed on Ebay. Any comments?