View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Default Bryan Van Horn and threats....

Posted By: Fred C

There's always two sides to a story:

Side A - I sent money for a card and didn't receive it.
Side B - I sent the card in the mail.

In a hobby where lots of deals are made there will always be people that come to the rescue of someone that is accused of wrong doing or there will be someone to jump in and defend the buyer of the card. There will be people that will say "what a stand-up guy (or gal)" the buyer/seller are.

Who's the winner here? The person that gets the most posts defending them?

I'd be willing to bet that the card shows up and both parties will feel pretty bad about this thread. The original poster will feel bad because they started the thread and the buyer will feel bad for threatening the seller with calling the sellers local law enforcement.

I don't know how things are done in Canada but I'm sure there has got to be a way to get proof of shipment to a US destination. If it costs more then that's just a cost of doing business and that cost should be passed on to the buyer that should understand this when they purchase the card.

At a minimum I get a receipt from my local post office that at least indicates the date, time and postal code to which the package was shipped. I keep that receipt until I have confirmation that the buyer received their item(s).

Anyone want to start a pool and see what date the card shows up? From what I've read the buyer is a stand-up hobbyist that will tell us.