View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustomania View Post

However, that being said, collecting is supposed to be fun and collect what you can afford. As a poster above mentioned many PSA 8's have similar eye appeal to a PSA 9 and can be very enjoyable. I however would not count on them having any significant surges in market price given the qty available of each card.
Thanks for the response as I agree with it very much. I guess I should have been more specific in saying that all I am looking for is a PSA 8 to generally hold it's value. If I buy a 1984 Dan Marino Topps Rookie PSA 8 for around $40-$70 (that seems to be the going rate), then I hope it is still in that range 5-10 years from now. I'm really not collecting thinking these PSA 8's will increase in value, but I just don't want them to bottom out because they are not a PSA 9 or 10. But my hunch is there are enough 'non-high end' collectors like me who will always looking for PSA 8's because they are the best of both worlds: Affordable and still a good conditioned card that is mostly centered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gustomania View Post

PSA 8s in this era usually "look" like 9s or VERY close.

My point is this, You will have VERY clean RCs of incredible icons that look like 9s almost and at a fraction of that cost of a 9.

They will certainly at least hold their values.

Not a lot of risk here!

Enjoy!

Peace, Mike
This sort of sums up my original post.

Last edited by stevecarlton1972; 07-06-2018 at 05:05 AM.