View Single Post
Old 12-27-2002, 07:33 AM
Administrator

Default MASStercards joins AAA?

Posted By: James Verrill

As usual - there is a thread running, which discusses an individual's integrity/professionalism/sincerity, etc. - me this time around - and, as is seemingly always the case here - nobody has had the courtesy to CC the person in question (me).

Don't you find it relatively simple to CC the person you are speaking about? Particularly, when it is their reputation you are playing with, in such a public forum? Should they not have an opportunity to hear what you have to say, if not express their side of the issue, possibly rebut? Several times recently, I have seen postings by people who "mistakenly" criticized - publicly - on this borad - an Ebay seller - only to learn in the days to follow they had mentioned the wrong ID/person? Why is it that I find this thread only by coincidence, as I peruse some of the recent postings? Don't I post my email address enough for you guys to have the basic courtesy of dropping me a line? This is very insulting.

Bill, I find your comparing my listing to the ethics and products marketed by AAA offensive, to say the least. I think you are making quite a stretch here to find any similarities. For you to take such a cheap shot - or hit and run, like this - is also offensive.

Second, if you do not like the fact that I am selling something on Ebay which I am unable to identify - tough. I have very clearly stated that it is of unknown origin, and I can only assure the eventual buyer of a very few things: 1. It is authentic, 2. It dates to 1919, 3. It depicts the White Sox.

Why do you feel I should provide more information than that? Exactly who ARE you to make such a judgement, and to voice it in such an unfair manner, in which only one opinion is expressed?

There is NOTHING illegitimate about this item. I purchased it in the June 2002 Sportico auction. If you do not know who Sportico is, that is not for me to educate you about. If you do the research, you will see that I paid $300 for the piece, framed, and that, when I bought it, it was decscribed exactly as I have described it, in turn. I purchased it with the understanding that it was from an unknown publisher, which is specifically how I describe it in my listing. It is accompanied by a letter of authenticity from Sportico. A letter that states where it was acquired, and that it is not a reprint.

Your remarks are way out of line and completely unjustified. When have I ever sold a AAA product? If you do the research, you will see that my graded material is sent to PSA and SGC only. Where do you get the AAA reference?

And, "Bill" - had you left your email address with your posting - you know, the "adult" thing to do - I would gladly have sent this to you directly.