View Single Post
Old 07-19-2023, 10:00 PM
Tyler Smith
Tyler Sm.ith

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
this is just fine to post! the living set is really nice! I need to change the title of this thread to "internet offerings." it would encompass eTopps, Now, Living Set, Throwback Thursday, etc.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
I love Topps Living, although I'm not as active with it as i was when it first came out. IMO that Ohtani should be his top RC, just can't beat the artwork, but I guess that's the difference between us vintage guys and the modern/ultra-modern collectors.

Tim - I'm somewhat indifferent on the Topps Now cards. Some of them are no doubt iconic, but it seems to be a little all over the place. It kind of reminds me of that basketball NFT product, that thank god I don't remember the name of... at least you get a card in hand though. Huge Reds fan though like you, I believe you sold me some items in the past, and almost pulled the trigger on the Elly 2-3-H steal but just couldn't do it looking at some of the crazy high prices, maybe they were parallels though. Regardless, I think there is definitely a place in the hobby for it though... I always try to think back in time with these types of sets and imagine if whatever event it was ending up being a major moment in MLB history. Like imagine if Topps Now was around in 60 and they came out with a SP card for Maz's homer, how cool would that be? I love the concept, it's just hard for a stubborn pre-war collector to buy anything that looks modern, although I have splurged this summer with the Reds rookie class, has to be the best ever in franchise history.