View Single Post
Old 01-04-2018, 10:31 PM
Steve

Type 1 examples of Street exist in both the catching pose and the portrait. Both have the N.Y. Amer. caption.

A few other adjustments/suggestions to the checklist as well as my own questions: (I really wanted to toss in some Type 2 commentary, but I tried hard to refrain.)
If any of this seems wrong, please let me know, and I'll go back and double-check. (Ted, if you need any of the scans I list below, just let me know.)

* Neal Ball is Cleveland for Type 1.

* Bender is confirmed with trees. I do have "no trees" on my checklist, but I don't have a scan to support it.

* I do have Bridwell (portrait, cap) listed on the Type 1 checklist as Boston Nat'l, but I don't have a scan to support it.

* Byrne is Pittsburg on the Type 1.

* Chance is the batting pose, Chicago Nat'l for the Type 1.

* Chase (trophy) is N.Y. Amer. for the Type 1.

* I do have Harry Krause (Phila. Amer., pitching) on the Type 1 checklist, but I don't have a scan.

* I do have Tommy Leach (Pittsburg, bending over) on the Type 1 checklist, but I don't have a scan.

* Harry Lord is Chicago Amer.

* I only have Harry McIntyre listed (and confirmed) with "Chicago Nat'l" caption in the "Brooklyn & Chicago" pose. (I have the "Bkln. and Chicago Nat'l" caption as being on the T215 Pirate version.)

* I don't have the following players on my Type 1 checklist (although they are on either the Type 2 and/or Pirate checklists). Does anybody have scans?
Brown
Dubuc
Evers
Kelly
Matty McIntyre
McLean
Mitchell
Mowrey
Oldring
Purtell

* I haven't confirmed with a scan, but I have Pelty (vertical) listed as St. Louis Amer. on the Type 1.

* I have Frank Smith listed as having both Cincinnati and Montreal team captions in Type 1, but I do not have scans to support them.

* I have Tinker (Chicago Nat'l) listed as both "bat on shoulder" (confirmed scan) and "bat off shoulder" (no scan).

Thanks,
Steve