View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 07:49 PM
Scott Ti3k

Going to be interesting to see what the Cardinals do after the front office moves.

To be honest I really don't think this is a very good team & I feel like the team has tied their hands a bit with some bad contracts. I really did not like the Dexter Fowler signing at all. Cecil was kind of questionable too. Don't get me started on the $5.5 million we are paying Zach Duke.

I wouldn't mind seeing what they can get for Lance Lynn, Trevor Rosenthal & Seung-Hwan Oh. Also wouldn't mind seeing what they might be able to get for Matt Carpenter.

If Grichuk gets hot and some one makes us a stupid offer for him I would be fine with that too. At this point I think he is what he is as a hitter. A guy that hits the ball a long way when he makes contact but that's a BIG if. We are talking about a guy that averages a sub .300 on base % and 166 Ks per 162 games played.

Wainwright & Fowler both have no trade clauses and pretty big contracts that don't match their production so they are not going anywhere.

It's been a struggle to watch them this year as they play really sloppy defense & are horrible on the base paths. Not a huge Matheny fan either.