View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 09:00 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
I just returned yesterday from The National in Chicago.

I had an opportunity to spend a bit of time with several of the folks from net54.
Chris, Mark, Ben, Phil, Jimmy, Graig, Rhys and Leon, it was great getting to get a chance to hang with all of you!

Overall, my two days in Chicago were terrific and I managed to actually find a few great collectibles. Here is one that I added to my advanced Vander Meer collection:

This is an extremely rare pennant that depicts Vandy. Most likely this was sold at the 1938 All Star game at Crosley and/or the summer of 1938. It's medium in size, but I don't have it in hand so I can't give dimensions yet. Many thanks to net54's Chris Gamble for letting me add this to my collection.

I hope you all had a terrific time as well. Please join in and share some of your favorite pickups!
I was able to see this beauty in person. It was great seeing you again Scott. See you next year..remember.. watermarks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Brock, Brandon, Ben, Phil, Graig - It was great meeting all of you guys - sorry I couldn't continue into the post-Net54 dinner partying, but I got hammered the night before and don't have the stamina of you young guys.

Ben - the two photos you picked up are amazing. I came home with only two very inexpensive pennants for tacking on the man-cave wall.

Mark and Scott - I'm very sorry we didn't run into each other. Possibly we did and I was too hungover or malnourished to remember?
Thank you Scott.. it was great meeting you in person. I need to get me some of those fancy running sandles. Looking forward to future photo convos!

-----------------------------

Below are a few of my other TYPE 1 PHOTO pickups. These are done with IPHONE so they do not do them justice but still purdy purdy I must say.

1) ROOKIE TED WILLIAMS(1939) BEFORE he was #9. SUPER RARE #5 shot. NEVER SEEN THIS TYPE 1 BEFORE

2) PRE-ROOKIE TED WILLIAMS (1939)-NEVER SEEN THIS TYPE 1 BEFORE EITHER. BEAUTIFUL AND RARE SHOT OF AN EARLY, ROOKIE TEDDY AT SPRING TRAINING.

3) SAME RICE FAMOUS GAME OF "CATCHING" THE BALL DURING THE 1925 WS. HE IS SHOWING MCGRAW HOW HE "DID IT".

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 08-04-2013 at 10:25 PM.