View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Administrator

Default T5 Jackson - $47,853 vs. $182,425

Posted By: Corey R. Shanus

Greg,

It's precisely facts that I focus on and that continue to puzzle me about what you've said. The first is that an experienced dealer, which is how you've been described, would believe the card is unique and base such a significant amount of its value on that attribute. None of the T5/Jackson collectors I've spoken with thought another one would not turn up, especially with the publicity generated by a high realized price. In fact, some of these same collectors said they already knew the card was not unique before the Mastro one was announced. All that uniqueness stuff MHCC was trumping about the card is something perhaps a novice would fall for, not an experienced dealer. I've come to learn that most anything is liable to pop up, and I've never regarded that knowledge as divine revelation.

Second, and this is what troubles me the most, why would you announce to this Board hours before the close of the auction that in your view the card still had a ways to go before the bidding stopped? Your post instead addresses what you privately told MHCC. It has to be the most peculiar bidding strategy to publically annnounce hours before the close of an auction that an item you wish to purchase still has a significant ways to go before it reaches its market level.

Edited twice for spelling/grammer