View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 09:25 AM
Administrator

Default The long awaited PSA half grade!

Posted By: Lance

Some things are better and should be left unsaid. PSA left the door open for the critics. If they planned on offering a "safe haven" for those who wanted to resubmit, it could have been an in house rule. If a card was returned to me in the same holder/same grade as I sent it in, I would have thought nothing about it. The no down grade rule they have advertised just doesn't sit well with me. It is an invitation to upgrade a card without fear of rejection at the same fee you already have paid for. It just seems they are trying to get the re-submissions they would probably never see. In my mind, this is a money fueled project with no reguard for the collectors who have invested in the PSA name. They didn't need to advertise the policy. There are enough people who think there cards are better than the grade given, and I am one of those people, that the resubmits would have come on their own. They could have announced a new grading scale and everybody would have been elated. But this, this is a profit only marketing project and I feel it is wrong. SGC has earned my business and seals the deal for me with PSA.

Good luck to all.

Lance