View Single Post
Old 08-26-2005, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Default High grade cards are undervalued

Posted By: John

David;

Don’t twist what I posted around please. I posted the 2 above as a simple sample of high grade “PSA 8 and up” not reflecting the solid growth or booming launches in prices you guys continue to describe.

It was in no way intended to be a barometer for the card market as a whole I never said that, and if you read into it that way, I’m sorry.

“Surely you can grasp the simple concept that once you get into certain very high price ranges, prices become arbitrary at any given time based on what one or two people are willing to pay at that moment.”

Couldn’t this rationalization be used to debunk the 1933 Goudey cards that Cmoking posted as well? How is posting selected pluses from you’re column any less biased than me posting the negatives I found in my column? Can’t this formula go both ways or does it only work in your favor and is silly when pointed to my point of view.

“Be serious, is anyone really saying that because these two cards sold for less that the market for high quality and grade vintage cards has gone down over the last 5 years? “

I was being serious; I find this no sillier than you guys posting a handful of Goudey commons that people were in bidding wars over as a reflection of the market being stronger than ever before with little or no chance for risk.

“I continue to believe that high grade cards (valued generally from $200-$3000) are very under priced.”

That’s wonderful David then you should be very happy with the current PSA 8 and higher prices, and should be buying up some sweet deals. After all you have nothing to lose, the 2 lame examples I posted shouldn’t make any intelligent buyer such as yourself question price what so ever right?