View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Default is it just me or have you noticed....

Posted By: Joann

Just a few random comments:

I think most of what's been said here in terms of ebay bidding practices makes sense. Low initial bid just to get rid of BIN/prevent withdrawl, but for the most part wait until the last minute.

I believe that late bidding allows buyers to get cards cheaper. People's "absolute max" is not as absolute as they think. That's why I don't think you should put in your max on day one and forget it. If I put in $50 early, and someone else had mentally been at $45 tops, they could very well decide in those few days to go the extra $6 and I lose the card. Unless I decide to go a few bucks, higher, etc etc. W/last minute bids I'd have gotten it at $50. Without allowing time for the reconsideration, etc, it's like everyone going with their gut feeling.

And as far as the comments about good stuff going to major auction houses - these are pretty much out of my league and I don't know what practices are so I'll ask a question. Do bidders actually pay more because of the buyer's fee? If you want to spend X on a card, do you bid X and get slammed by the bf? Or do you bid X - bf approximately so what you want to bid includes the bf? Does the buyer take the hit, the seller, or do they kind of split it (buyer goes a little higher than X including bf, but not all the way up to X+bf)?

Joann