View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 11:19 AM
Bilko Glasier

I have purchased and i own many Steiner and UDA items. Items like autographed 8x10s, singed Baseballs, Hockey pucks, Footballs and Football helmets. The vast majority of these i have purchased on the secondary market and not directly from Steiner or UDA because as noted their prices are very high. To come to think of it out of all the Steiner and UDA items i own i have only purchased 3 or 4 of the items directly from Steiner.

Edit- After reading the rest of the thread, i thought i would mention (since it was asked) that i collect these items because i think they look great and i enjoy them as display pieces. I am a big sports fan and collect and enjoy not only the vintage side of the hobby but also the modern side of the hobby as well. Most of my Steiner/UDA items are displayed through out my house. I have many of the 8x10s and 16x20s hanging on my walls and then i also have a few display cases with autographed Baseballs, Hockey Pucks, Footballs and Football helmets. I also like the fact that i can buy authentic signed items with inscriptions shortly after an accomplishment takes place. For instance i am a big fan of Eli Manning and i collect him to some degree. Well literally about 2 weeks after he and the NY Giants won the Super Bowl a couple years back, i had an official NFL Superbowl ball (game model) signed and inscribed "Superbowl MVP" sitting on my mantel. I loved the fact that i could add an item like this to my collection so fast after the Superbowl took place.

Last edited by Bilko G; 11-09-2010 at 12:02 PM.