View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 10:52 AM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
these were purchased second hand so, skymall prices do not apply. These are among the most recognizable, most sought after, easiest items to sell on e-bay... and they look great in an office. Paid short of 3 beans for the mantle, 2 beans for the SI Williams and 80.00 for the All Star game HR Williams. At least they're real and easily turned for cash At least you know they are real, so "paying for peace of mind" is worth something. Try to cheap out, sleep in the gutter. All these would have 50-60 watchers on e-bay. The Mantle would auction at 430-450, if you can ever find it. The Williams can sell for 250-300, and you won't see it at auction too often either, so I fail to see how these fall into the Skymall territory?
My post was not directed @ acquiring them secondhand was it? I was speaking to the source. They are beautiful pieces and if you buy them right you can get your money back. The original buyer is probably not as fortunate and hence the SkyMall reference.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."

Last edited by HRBAKER; 11-20-2010 at 10:57 AM.