View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 11:08 AM
Jay Shelton

I have donated 25+ pieces out of my Southwest Conference collection to the Texas Sports Hall of Fame in Waco, Texas, and it has been a pleasurable experience. The loan is long-term, and I put a dollar amount in insurance on each item in the unlikely event that an item(s) is lost, stolen, museum burns, etc., then I will be reimbursed that amount. Could not have been more pleased with the way things went down, and the items are on long-term loan in revolving 2-year renewals.

Not to plug my collection, but if you are ever in Waco a stop at the Texas Sports Hall of Fame is a must if you have any interest in the defunct Southwest Conference. In the large SWC room of the museum, each of the nine schools has its own section highlighted by game-used memorabilia, pennants, books, mascot costumes, historical artifacts, etc., with a replica of the Cotton Bowl facade as you enter the large room.

I would suggest you get all your ducks in a row with whatever museum(s) you are considering loaning your items and make sure to read through the loan contract to your satisfaction.