View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Administrator

Default The State of This Forum

Posted By: Aaron M.

Just throwing this out there, but there seems to be a general lack of arguing and controversy which usually spurs long threads and multiple posts by the same poster -- which is a great thing, IMO.

But I do find it very surprising how little discussion there is about auctions as they go up. No-one is really discussing the Mastro auction, or other auctions that have gone live in the last few weeks/days (Grey Flannel, SCP, etc.). And the National just happened and there were no photos, very few reports (I could count on one hand), and the most interesting stuff (not that it was much) was to be found in those videos on Youtube. Heck Mastro is being investigated by the FBI and no-one here is talking about it and the implications it has for our hobby. You can only pass so much time with the same people telling the same stories of past experiences of great finds as opposed to discussing topical information.

I think though, the bottom-line is that there are just a very, very small number of regular posters here, which probably reflects the relatively small number of memorabilia collectors compared to card collectors.

That said, I definitely want leon to keep this board running. I still check on it daily and enjoy what little content there is.