View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcard1 View Post
I hate to admit it because I think the net effect of service industry automation is often negative in that it saves no actual money but simply shifts it to computers, repairs and technology at the expense of jobs BUT I usually go to the automated postal kiosk because employees at the post office can be so difficult. I am sure the machines consistently cost me less than the employees to mail the same package....so long as they are not out of order.
I get along great with the clerks in my local P.O., but I do get annoyed sometimes when they weigh my smaller Internationals on the scale before removing all the customs copies. It used to not be a big deal because it was only a single small label, but now it's in triplicate and much meatier then it used to be.

Sometimes it only takes a fraction of an ounce to bump a package into the next weight class, costing a buck or two more.

I never say anything because they treat me very well there, but I think somebody did say something to them, because they seem to be getting better about removing the forms before weighing.

Either that, or I'm influencing them with my Jedi mind tricks.