View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 08:30 PM

I am resurrecting this because I am not convinced that it is possible to be 100% convinced that you have a 5 cent 1949 bowman or 1950 bowman baseball wax pack or wrapper.

I've read all of the comments and threads and became more confused. Is there any "simple" way to make that comparison?

When I compared what I thought were 1949 and 1950 bowman baseball 5 cent wrappers, the only difference I noted, was that the bottom 2 sections of the catcher's hat on the 1949 were dark blue, and on the 1950, they were light blue. Remember I am talking strictly about the 5 cent versions and not the 1 cent versions. Could this be a simple way to determine the difference or is it just fading? It really didn't look like fading because the other colors were vibrant and very dark.

Any wrapper or pack collectors care to chime in, and put this comparison to rest? It is frustrating that in all of these years of collecting, that it is so difficult to pin these differences down. I guess that it is simply very hard to find packs that have been opened to make that conclusion.

Thanks,

Steve