View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 07:01 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
As a diehard Indians fan, it has been a blast watching the Tribe rattle off 16 wins in a row (going for #17 today). They now have by far the best run differential in baseball, and are only 1.5 games back of the Astros for the best record in the American League. This is also without Michael Brantley and Andrew Miller, two of our cornerstone pieces in the OF and bullpen respectively.

However, some Indians fans and even non-Indians fans were cheering for the Tribe for a different reason Thursday night.

Universal Windows Direct (a local NEO company) offered a promotion during all of July that any customer who did business with the company would receive a full rebate if the Indians went on a 15-game winning streak any time between Aug. 1 and the end of the season.

Well, Thursday, the Indians did it. They won their 15th straight. UWD purchased an insurance policy for this promotion, but the total payout in rebates is $1.7M. Pretty cool stuff!

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...eak-reaches-15
I am a Jays fan at heart but when I heard Encarnacion wasn't returning, I instantly became an Indians fan.
I don't know how many times it happened this year, when I caught wind the Indians were playing and turned on the T.V., I was able to see Edwin hit a home run! 32, maybe 33 straight games now he has been on base at least once.

Not sure what all happened between him and the Jays (the truth, anyways) but it is pretty plain to see letting him go was a big mistake.