View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 09:05 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Cool story bro, but you do realize you just wasted money on a slabbed card that you allegedly took out of the slab and threw the slab in the trash instead of just buying a raw one for cheaper?

QUOTE=G1911;2224074]Apparently, according to the SCD article it's any 'graded' card. PSA would then be certifying SGC, Beckett, CSG, and more companies slabs as legitimate or not.

I can't wait to buy an SGC card, have it sent to PSA, have PSA certify it is indeed a real SGC slab and slip, send me the card, and then I destroy the SGC slab and throw it and the slip in the trash, finally able to add the card I bought to my sleeveless stack.
[/QUOTE]

Hi "bro". Are you under the belief that all cards are always available raw? I've cracked a few hundred graded cards because that card is not available raw. It's not a problem if one is buying T206's or Topps cards, but many issues do not have huge populations. Find me a raw T220 Silver Donovan, a T226 or T229 front/back combo I need raw and I'll happily buy them instead. Many cards in what I collect pop up once a decade, I can't just wait for my ideal holder scenario if I actually want the card. If I can buy a raw one for less, I will 100 times out of 100. It simply does not work that way, regardless of how much this apparently upsets you. Cool narrative you got, though.