View Single Post
Old 07-29-2014, 07:07 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports-rings View Post
Heritage has removed the two auction items.

I appreciate Chris investigating this matter and then removing the items upon their findings.

In his response that he posted on net54, I interpreted one of his comments to be a hint that there could be a lawsuit against me because of their policy to protect their consigners' best interests.

I hope Chris remembers that I am a winning bidder and participator in many of their auctions and that I have consigned some high-end football rings in the past to his auction house.

After dealing with this matter and a hint of possible legal action I can see why others are not always so fast to jump in and alert the collecting community to problems.

As Chris stated in his response, I tried to alert him privately about this matter. My intension was to help them - not to hurt them.

I only took this matter publicly when I felt that we were nearing the auction. Chris and I see the timing differently, and I feel that my opinion should count too - I feel I was justified to no longer wait but to alert the collecting community. Chris feels differently and has stated why in his response on this board.

So I hope, when Chris sits down and decides who to protect, I hope he remembers that I have helped contribute to their bottom line and I hope they don't ruin our relationship with banning me or worse a lawsuit. That would hurt their bottom line too.

Michael,
You did the right thing. Net54 is a community and you were simply warning people of some inconsistencies in an item that could possibly be had at a large amount of money. I don't understand bringing a lawsuit against someone based on "protecting the consignors best interest" - I mean, what does that even mean? It's always drove me crazy when Heritage sends item to "print" for their catalog that haven't been fully checked out. I'm sorry, but if I am going to spend that kind of money on an item, then it better be fully sealed with no cracks at all in the story. This had too many cracks and who knows if the posts here forced their hand at removing the items.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123