View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Ghost Images.....how do these normally grade?

Posted By: johnny

HELLO EVERYONE!!
i just joined this board....bear with me guys...i have been reading the various threads and everyones input is great..i hope u don't mind me writing:

anyway dave, i bid on this card also...i exclusively collect t206 oddities/errors/printers scraps and the like...

you definetly have a "wet stacked" card....like the rest of the guys say....the ink didn't bleed thru....
don't bother getting it graded...all the companies look at this as a "weaknesses" in the cards, in turn will just lower the grade(i own a few graded already that are wet stacked and just receive a lower grade similiar to a "2 name" which might get a mc label)..i look at them as "beauties"..it will never get recognized as an error/ghost or anything, but it is a nice print "freak" by me and some others...anyway,enjoy the card!!!...still a great card!!!
in my experience, the blue is the most prevelant wet stack color, both on fronts and backs, yellow second..
some examples of "ghosts" are really on different levels..there are "double exposures", printers scraps w/different outlines actually printed on them...without getting into a drawn out explaination on all the classifications of "ghost" images..

more common than the back "ghost" wet stacked cards, are the front"ghosts" of the back images that are actually "wet stacked" on the front(tolstoi and peidmont the most common i have seen)..similiar cards to what u have
as a print oddity..

hope this helps!!!

johnny
(mrvster)

hope this helps