View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 03:36 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kailes2872 View Post
Thanks Leon.

I was a bit confused as I know that there are front page advertisements. When I got what felt like a generic PM, I wasn't sure if there was a PM level of advertisement as well.

When it said support Net54, I wasn't sure what that meant, as I knew that the last one (Jackson) was a front page Ad.

If it was a support Net54 issue - either through one of the charities spoken about in one of the other threads or making M whole, I would have probably bought in for it - even though I am not yet collecting pre-war issues. It is more about the community, etc.

I would have sent a PM, but I felt like it was a larger question with the other posts that I had referred to. Apparently, there was no connection. Since you are involved, I now understand what the support Net54 part meant.

What I didn't appreciate was a second PM that was asking me to delete the post and that I should have asked him directly. That, to me, felt like there was something that was meant to be hidden. Had the response been, yes, this is support Net54 for x, it would have probably changed my outcome and would have changed others - thus the question.
The 2nd PM shouldn't have been sent (nor the first one for that matter). There is nothing covert about this little contest.
I didn't ask to have any email sent out saying to buy a slot and support Net54 (although there is a litte profit being made by both of us). General support isn't what the contest is for. I might need to start checking correspondence going out before it goes out. This game/contest is because a lot of members like them and there is younger/more activity on the board. They are not meant to be something that a member would contribute to, to support Net54baseball. You can donate 5 dollars at a Net54 Dinner to support Net54baseball and all of that goes to the dogs.
I don't play these games personally, never have and probably never will. Hope that clears any questions up. Please let me know if any other PMs get sent (from here on out) as that is not something I would want done. To me that is too invasive.

Last edited by Leon; 01-12-2018 at 05:32 PM. Reason: clarification