View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 09:03 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValKehl View Post
Bob, I believe the W711-1 and W711-2 sets have long been listed in the Standard Catalog. I have several old editions of the SC, and I just pulled my 2011 and 2003 editions at random and checked. These 2 sets are listed in both of these editions under "1939 Cincinnati Reds Team Issue" and "1940 Cincinnati Reds Team Issue," respectively.
Thanks Val,

In a later post from that one you quoted, I had already realized and acknowledged that they were listed in the SCD catalogs after all (See post #49). I was initially stumped because they weren't listed under W711 in the SCD catalog. I had heard and was aware of the W711 sets, just not where SCD was showing them. Live and learn. LOL

Also, check out the #49 post regarding the additional info Tim supplied about how those may not have been team issued after after all, and were instead delivered through a local Cincinnati dairy. Interested to hear your thought on that subject.

Also can't wait to see your response to the survey, if I can twist your arm to do it. LOL

Last edited by BobC; 07-01-2023 at 08:40 PM.