View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Default Cool Thread

I have been going to Antique Shows, Flea Markets, Paper Shows, etc. since the mid 1980's. I have had many great finds but the 2 below stand out.

At an antique show in PA. I purchased a bunch (maybe 50 to 75) of 1950's ticket stubs from the Yankees and Dodgers. I paid $250 for the group. In the lot was the Dodgers and Giants Bobby Thompson playoff hr stub and also the first game (P1 and P2). Sold the pair for $1,600.

My biggest find was many years ago when eBay had just begun (1997ish). I advertised in the newspaper pretty regularly for sports memorabilia wanted. I got a call from a strange guy who wanted me to meet him at a self storage place about 15 minutes from my house. I was pretty nervous, but what a find. He had a mint collection of 1930's - 1950's yearbooks, programs, magazines from the Dodgers, Yankees, Packers, etc. It was about 300 pieces and I paid $3,200. I didn't realize it but included was a Packers Redskins Championship Program from the 1930's. I sold that one item for $2,200 on eBay.