View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
This is easily my favorite Ebay find ever. Especially because I get to wear and enjoy it on a regular basis. I found it a few years ago poorly listed as a "Tops" baseball watch. I have never seen nor heard of another out there as of yet. I believe that this was a presentation piece for a Topps Banquet.

It's a 10K gold Hamilton Automatic, and she may run a wee bit fast but I don't care. The watch face is emblazoned with "TOPPS AWARD" with the trophy dead center. It's very intricately done by the factory and beautiful. The back is engraved with "TOPPS FIRST TEAM ALL-AMERICA 1969".

I would love if anyone actually knew anything about this. I would love to know the provenance of who this was actually given to. I'm really not even sure of the sport honestly. It seems like Topps used the phrase all-america more for football, but I am grasping at straws. I have thought it may be even an award for the best college player. I just don't know, maybe one of you does? I just know I love it and lots of people ask about it, it makes a good story.
Well Done Justin. That is a fantastic find! I love stuff like that.