View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 11:42 AM

Default Contrats

Quote:
Originally Posted by pariah1107 View Post
My favorite ebay item has to do with synchronicity (no, not the Police album). It had been about six months of burning my retnas looking at local library microfiche about the elusive career of Jimmy Claxton, when there it was on ebay; a "Scott Motors of Reno v. Round Mountain baseball ticket, August 4, 1935". Claxton was the pitcher for Scott Motors from 1933-35 (Scott Motors won 33 straight 1932-33), and his son Ed Claxton Sr. was a catcher for the Scott Motors Juniors in 1935. The ticket was $25.

I couldn't believe my luck, all that painstaking library research actually paid off. Had this ticket appeared on ebay a month earlier I would have had no idea about the connection to Claxton. It may not be a landfall find but damn, I EARNED that ticket.
Way to go man...that's work'n it, I like the story...congrats. Let's see a photo. Newspaper microfilm is a strong research tool you can really pinpoint stuff with...all you need is time!

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 10-13-2011 at 11:44 AM. Reason: spelling