View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Dan Bretta

I've found so many incredible deals over the years I can't even remember them all so I'll just go through my photobucket and scroll down the photos.

Picked up this Walter Hagen advertising sign for $75 at the local antique show

I rarely travel for auctions, but one that listed antique baseball equipment caught my eye so I got up early and made the 200 mile trip...I got everything pictured here for less than $50 total..including a Spalding Ring Bat

Antique show find - $50

Garage Sale Find -Stall And Dean Jim Delehanty Bat- $5

Local Antique show find - HUGE Portland Beavers Cabinet Photo - $400

Local Auction buy - 1929 A's Panorama - $200

All these bats came from the same garage sale I got the Delehanty bat at..they were $5 each...includes at TC40 Ty Cobb, Draper Maynard Major League Model, 19th Century Victor Sporting Goods Bat, and a Roberto Clemente store model bat.

These three Cameo pins were a local antique show pickup and apparently I sold the Sullivan too cheaply..I didn't do my homework...I started getting emails from people like Rob Lifson telling me that it was a never before seen Cameo pin..ah well. I only paid $250 for the lot of three pins and sold them for over $2,000 total.

TGI Friday's going out of business sale - $100

I got these 11 baseballs and the large framed composite photo at an antique shop in Fremont, Nebraska...all of the baseballs were team signed by the various minor league clubs that pitcher Vern Voegler played for in the 1930s...including a 1937 Brooklyn Dodgers ball that he must have gotten from a Spring Training invite...Can't recall what I paid for the lot...maybe $300?

I have a ton more items I could list, but I don't want to break Barry's computer so I'll leave it here.